Lecture | Interactive discussions
Mini-serie online lectures | About present processes of change | Conversations Diego Portales/Leiden
- Patricio Silva
- Daniela Vicherat Mattar
- Paul Wouters
- Prof. Dr. Claudio Fuentes Saavedra
- Prof. Dr. Rossana Castiglioni
- Prof. Dr. Jose Joaquin Brunner
- Monday 22 November 2021 - Thursday 25 November 2021
- Time: CET Language: simultaneously translated into English and Spanish
- Online (zoom)
Meeting ID: 851 0561 9645 Passcode: 111996Zoomlink
Researchers and students from the Netherlands and Chile in conversation
The event brings together researchers from Leiden en Diego Portales University together in an interactive discussion with students. The lectures of this mini-series focus on the socio-political challenges our society is facing. Should you be interested in knowing more about how Dutch and Chilean researchers approach these common challenges, save this mini-series in your agenda.
Instead of the usual organization of a sequence of individual presentations, the panel seeks to create a space for meeting, dialogue, and informal and horizontal exchange between the participants about the processes of change (socio-political, governmental, scientific and educational) our societies are witnessing.
Bachelor and masters students,PhD candidates, as well as staff members interested in social and political change in general, and in Latin America in particular.
The lectures will be simultaneously translated into English and Spanish. You can find more information about Language Interpretation on the zoom support website.
About the universities
Leiden and Diego Portales University have a long standing cooperation materialized in students and staff exchanges, joint research projects and academic activities. We value the diversity this partnership has brought in and we are committed to establishing a space for further academic exchange in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Mini-series of three lectures: November 22, 23 en 25, 2021
- Monday, November 22nd | Assessing the Social Uprising in Chile and its political and institutional implications | 15:00 - 16:30 CET
- Prof. Dr. Claudio Fuentes Saavedra and Prof. Dr. Patricio Silva
- Tuesday, November 23rd | Some of the challenges affecting the higher education systems in Chile and the Netherlands | 15:00 - 16:30 CET
- Prof. Dr. Jose Joaquin Brunner and Prof. Dr. Paul Wouters
- Thursday, November 25th | From the city to the the challenges of citizenship (and vice-versa) | 15:00 - 16:30 CET
- Prof. Dr. Rosana Castiglioni and Dr. Daniela Vicherat Mattar
More specific information about each lecture will follow soon.
Online: no registration
Registration is not needed.
Contact Mara Constantinescu, Regional Coordinator for Latin America, for more information.