Online Coach Café for young Leiden Law alumni
- Tuesday 2 November 2021
Are you (re)evaluating your career? Or just curious to what the (other) possibilities are with a Law/Crimonology degree? Or perhaps you are considering a totally different career path. We have found several alumni who are willing to share their, usually very considerable and often varied working experience with you. They are also more than willing to give you insight in their current jobs. We have limited space, so quickly sign up here.
- Pauline Breitbarth started in 1995 in a law firm and 'ended' up in the energy sector via the financial world. She is now Sr Legal Counsel for Total in Brussels.
- Ineke Fonteijn chose 19 years ago to become Counsellor (Raadsheer) at the Hague Court of Law.
- Laurence van Gelderen, after she graduated in 1995 in Dutch Law, she worked as Corporate lawyer for years. After which she retrained herself as HR specialist. She is now manager HRM at the Hartstichting. (Heart Foundation)
- Jan Willem Prakke, graduated in Corporate Law in 1996. After having worked as a Corporate Lawyer (Brunel, Philips) en General Counsel (Boskalis, Schiphol), Jan-Willem is now an entrepeneur and started the legal tech startup LMS.
- Johan Polet, graduated in 1998 in Dutch Law after which he worked as Lawyer and Partner with Simmons and Simmons for years. As of 2020 Johan is Lawyer and Partner with Law firm Bird & Bird.
- Martijn van Klaveren, has had several legal positions before he made his career switch to the media world. Martijn is currently the Director of Communications and Stakeholder Engagement at Novemedia/Postcode Lotteries.
- Ward Veltman, Criminologist who has recently joined Heineken as Information Security Officer for Italy and Switzerland (from Switzerland).
- Henri Bentfort van Valkenburg graduated in 1995 and has been employed as a laywer ever since. His current employment is as Lawyer Partner with DVDW Law firm.
- Wouter Schmit Jongbloed, obtained his Masters degree in Encyclopedia and Philosophy of the Law in 2007. Wouter is currently Head of the Political Risk Analysis Department at Exante Data in New York.