Connect & reach out: opportunities for collaborating outside Leiden
- Tuesday 17 May 2022
- MS Teams
Research data management (RDM) is a new and rapidly developing area of focus for universities, and innovations in RDM support services, infrastructure, tooling, funding, and collaboration, are widespread. Leiden University itself, participates in sometimes leading RDM developments, and we are experimenting with different RDM solutions, and participating in pilots, collaborations, and ground-breaking projects. In order to keep up with developments, and to be able to shape the direction of RDM in future, it’s vital that we share our knowledge and discoveries with the international community, participate in developments where we can contribute expertise and benefit from the outputs, and are a part of the discussion with others so that we keep abreast of developments.
Introduction: the landscape of RDM initiatives across The Netherlands in relation to RDM.
A snapshot of how Leiden University is involved:
- LCRDM – the National Coordination Point for RDM
- DCC Implementation Network – helping Dutch research organisations implement their Digital Competence Centres.
- UKB – partnership of Dutch University Libraries and the Royal Library of the Netherlands
- NL-RSE - Netherlands Research Software Engineers community
- GOFAIR – the (international) GOFAIR initiative aims to implement the FAIR principles
- RDA – the Research Data Alliance (International)
- Opportunity for Network members to present their own involvement with national or international networks, or bring to our attention initiatives we haven’t mentioned.
Discussion: how can we benefit from these connections, and what can we contribute to these networks in future?
The main session will last one hour with extra time allocated for continuing the discussion with those who wish to stay a bit longer.
Please contact email@example.com if you are not a member of the LU Data Management Network and would like to attend.
About Connect & events
This event is part of the “Connect and …” series of meetings arranged by, and for, the Leiden University Data Management Network. The meetings take around the middle of the month, every month, at different days and times, so as to maximize access according to people’s different working hours. Topics and speakers are proposed by members of the Network.
You can post a suggestion in the Network’s MSTeams space, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have a topic you'd like to discuss in a future meeting and the CDS team will help to make it happen