Deep Learning for Beginners: How to Make a Computer Think like a Human
- Tuesday 6 February 2024 - Tuesday 16 April 2024
- 6 part (2hrs per part) Bi-weekly workshop series
2311 VJ Leiden
- The Digital Lab in P.J. Veth 107
Learn the basics of deep-learning!
Deep-learning has been used in many recent applications. You’ve likely seen use cases such as Stable diffusion, DALL-E image generation, ChatGPT text generation, image classification and, object detection in self-driving cars. Deep-learning is also gaining popularity in the humanities beyond NLP uses.
- Week 1 (Tensors): February 6
- Week 2 (Single Linear Neuron Models and Training Loop): February 20
- Week 3 (Multi-Layer Models and Activation Functions): March 5
- Week 4 (Images as Data: CNN and Data Loaders): March 19
- Week 5 (Evaluation Metrics and Model Performance): April 2
- Week 6 (Transfer Learning and Practical Applications): April 16
Read the full syllabus here: Deep Learning pdf
Join our 6-part workshop series and go from zero to building a basic image classification model. With this knowledge, you can continue to teach yourself further in expanding beyond the focus of images onto other forms of data such a text (NLP tasks).
Fill in the form to sign up for this bi-weekly course starting from the 6th of February 13:00-15:00.Registration form: