Online Open Day for Professionals
- Wednesday 2 November 2022
Find out which course is right for you
As a professional, you want to keep up with or even better be at the forefront of developments within your field. This way you will continue to grow in your career, be better able to transfer into another field of work or even do a PhD and work at the same time.
Leiden University offers a wide and diverse range of courses for professionals in both Leiden and The Hague. From a course to brush up on a language, masterclasses in various fields of study, to multiple executive Master programmes.
Get inspired during the Online Open Day for Professionals on Wednesday, November 2 from 3:00 - 6:30 pm. Lecturers will tell the highlights of the specific courses and will be happy to answer your questions in 30-minute rounds.
Together we go for the ultimate result. And of course, all education for professionals is tailored to the fact that you are also employed.
Register for one or multiple sessions
The education offered by the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs in The Hague is closely linked to the themes that characterize the city as International City of Peace, Security and Justice and as the center of Dutch public administration and international governance. Within the themes of the faculty, you will be helped to take the next step in your career under proper guidance.
During this Open Day we offer the following sessions:
- Executive Master Cyber Security (in English)
- Veiligheid opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- Communicatie opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- Academie voor de Rechtstaat (in Dutch)
- Public Affairs opleidingen voor practitioners (in Dutch)
- MSc Management van de Publieke Sector: Bestuur en Advisering (in Dutch)
Within the faculty, Juridisch PAO Leiden annually provides approximately 200 legal courses aimed at the legal profession, notaries, sitting and standing magistrates, and corporate and government lawyers. We welcome over 2,500 students each year. These courses are taught by a mix of top scholars affiliated with our Leiden School of Law and renowned specialists in practice.
Practicing lawyers can no longer do without continuing education; it is "lifelong learning." Postgraduate education at Leiden Law School offers you as a legal professional the opportunity to choose from a wide range of high-quality courses.
In addition to the areas of law covered during the Online Open Day, you can view our full range of offerings here.
- Advanced Studies (in English)
- Arbeidsrecht (in Dutch)
- Strafrecht (in Dutch)
- Bestuursrecht en eLaw (in Dutch)
- Bedrijfswetenschappen en Ondernemingsrecht (in Dutch)
- Leiden Legal Technologies Program (in Dutch)
The Dual PhD Centre offers a Dual PhD programme that enables professionals to combine work and PhD research. They devote some of the working hours to PhD research on a theme that relates to their profession. The Centre provides the intensive supervision that is needed to succeed. At the Online Open Day, you can attend sessions on:
- Dual PhD Centre (in Dutch)
The Academic Language Centre organises language courses for companies, government institutions, individuals, students and employees of Leiden University. You can sign up for a group course with open enrolment or have a Tailor-made Language Course put together. At the Online Open Day, you can attend sessions on:
- Cursussen Vreemde Talen: Learning a new language opens doors! At Leiden University's Academic Language Centre, we offer a wide range of foreign languages to higher education students throughout the year. (in Dutch)
- Maatwerktrainingen Talencentrum: Does your organisation have a request in the field of language, communication and/or acculturation? We provide appropriate training, delivered by experienced teachers. (in Dutch)