Once every three years, you can offset the cost of purchasing a bicycle for yourself or a battery for your own electric bike through the Terms of Employment Individual Choices Model. .
Offsetting purchase, insurance and maintenance of bicycle
You can apply via Self Service.Apply
What is the maximum sum that you can offset?
Once every three years
- Once every three years you can offset the cost of purchasing a bicycle against your gross salary, end-of-year-bonus or holiday allowance. The deductible amount for a bicycle is € 1,500. If your bike is more expensive, the difference in price will not be included in the allowance.
- You can also offset a three-year theft or all-risk insurance policy once every three years.
Alternatively, you can choose to:
- Offset the purchase cost of a battery for your electric bike up to a maximum of € 750 against your gross salary, end-of-year bonus or holiday allowance.
You can also offset a fixed sum of maximum € 82 for bicycle maintenance, repairs and accessories every year. This amount is offset against your gross income.
Example of fiscal advantage
Say you wish to offset the purchase price of your bike against one of your income sources, for instance your holiday allowance. Your bike costs€ 1,300. You offset this € 1,300 against your holiday allowance. You therefore do not pay tax over this € 1,300. You pay (for instance) 37.10% tax over the remainder of your holiday allowance. So, in this case your fiscal advantage amounts to € 482.30 (37.10% * € 1,300).
The percentage of tax depends on which tax band applies to you.
What is the application deadline?
- If you wish to offset the purchase of your bike or battery against your holiday allowance, you must submit your application by 29 April.
- If you wish to offset the purchase against your gross salary or end-of-year bonus, you must submit your application by 29 November.
What do you need?
Include with your application digital proof of purchase of your bicycle and/or its maintenance or of a battery for your electric bike.