Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Recruitment process

Do you wish to appoint a new member of staff? You will find the relevant information at the Service Portal.


You appoint a new member of staff via the Service Portal, under 'Mijn personeelsmutaties'. This also applies to external staff, like guest employees, volunteers, trainees and PhD candidates with a scholarship.


Do you have any questions about salary scales or legal position? Please contact your HR adviser. Questions on the HR Service Portal can be directed to the PSSC Service Point.

Do you want to appoint a new employee?

The P&O department of the Faculty of Humanities requires several documents and completed forms. In order to be able to arrange everything on time, the following documents must be in PSSC's possession before the date of employment.

Please inform the new employee about the Privacy notice Universiteit Leiden.

It is also important that the institute manager/department head sends the following online forms:

Registration of a grant/external PhD candidate

Grant or external PhD candidates are PhD candidates who are not employed, but who want to obtain a PhD at the faculty but are self-funded with their own resources or with a grant. They are registered by P&O for the results of the PhD project and to arrange any computer accounts. To do this, P&O needs the completed form Requesting registration of an external PhD candidate.

Applying for visas for foreign PhD candidates is arranged by The Graduate School Admissions Office (phd-admissions@hum.leidenuniv.nl or tel. 071-5274139, Ms. Saskia van der Velde).

This website uses cookies.  More information.