Forgotten your password? Want to change your password, or your password has expired? In most cases you can reset your password yourself via the Self Service account. If you are not able to access Self Service, please contact an ISCC helpdesk.
Forgotten your password?
- You have registered a non-university email address or mobile telephone number
- You have set the answers to the security questions
- You know the answers to the security questions
If you have complied with all of these points, you can now reset your password without the intervention of a helpdesk.
New password via a helpdesk
If you are unable to use Account Self Service, you can ask for a new password via this form or you can contact an ISSC helpdesk. You will receive a temporary password by post, sms or – with proof of identify – in person at the desk. This password has to be reset directly. It is always quicker to reset your password yourself via Account Self Service.
Updating your password
You are required to change your password every 182 days. Even if you have been given an interim password, you should change this. To avoid problems with logging in, there are a number of things you should bear in mind when resetting your password:
- Close all the applications for which you are logged in.
- Close all applications that were started via the remote workplace (Citrix).
- Switch your smartphone, laptop and tablet off, or switch to aircraft mode.
- Change your password via Account Self Service.
You can enter your new password straight away at your workplace. Wait half an hour before entering your new password on one of your mobile devices.
Your password expires after 182 days. You will receive a number of mails reminding you to change your password. Once your password has expired, you can no longer log in. If this happens, you should follow the same procedure as if you had forgotten your password.
Have you asked a helpdesk for a temporary new password by post or sms, but you have not received this? A letter with your account information will only be sent to the address registered with the staff administration department. No other address can be used for this.
An sms message with your account details will only be sent to the mobile number recorded in Account Self Service. No other mobile number can be used for this. Check whether you have provided the correct number.
To improve security, your password has to meet a number of requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Maximum of 13 characters
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 lower-case letter
- At least 1 capital letter
- No diacritics (such as à and é)
- No spaces
- No unicode characters (such as , . ; ' " &)
- Do not include a christian name or family name in the password
- Do not use any three consecutive characters from the user name, christian name or surname.