Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of the leading international research universities in Europe. The University has seven faculties and a campus in both Leiden and The Hague. The university has more than 32.000 students and 7.100 employees. Our motto is Praesidium Libertatis – Bastion of Freedom.
The University as a whole is managed by the Executive Board, which in turn is monitored by the Board of Governors. The University Council is the University’s co-participation body. The Executive Board is supported in its work by the Administration and Central Services department and various expertise centres.
- Governance and Global Affairs
- Medicine/Leiden University Medical Center
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Administration and Central Services
- Administrative Shared Service Centre (ASSC)
- ICT Shared Service Centre (ISSC)
- Luris - impact through research (in collaboration with LUMC)
- Student and Educational Affairs (SOZ)
- University Services Department (UFB)
- Leiden University Libraries (UBL)
- Real Estate
- Department of Health, Safety and Environment (VGM; in collaboration with LUMC)