No classes and working from home: here’s what our week looked like
From the new Hortus botanicus podcast to conference call bingo: all the students, lecturers and other members of staff from Leiden University had to switch at breakneck speed to working and studying from home this week. That meant decluttering offices, getting your head around remote teaching and installing all sorts of conferencing apps – only to opt for MS Teams anyway. It may not have been easy, but at least we could share our experiences with each other. And we could even laugh about it every now and then!
1. Defending your PhD in an almost empty room – but then with a digital audience
2. Our archaeologists can't dig anything up at the moment… so they built their Faculty building in Minecraft instead
3. A message to all our students and staff from Rector Magnificus Carel Stolker
4. Finally an excuse to bring your pet to work!
5. Top tip: exercise during your video conference
6. From ‘Sorry, I was having connection issues’ and ‘Who’s that typing so loudly?’ to children barking in the background: play conference call bingo at your next meeting!
7. All those ‘handy’ apps don't make life any easier!