Ethics committee for Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
The SSH Ethics Committee was established by the deans of the Faculties of Archaeology, Governance and Global Affairs, Humanities, Law, and Social and Behavioural Sciences . The Committee advises on ethical aspects of research proposals submitted by researchers applying for European grants.
The Committee has the following duties:
To advise researchers on ethical aspects of academic research within the disciplines of the above faculties. This includes contract research.
To act as the point of contact for not only staff but also people and organisations outside the University concerning ethical aspects of academic research.
To issue advice, on its own initiative or on request, to the Executive Board and deans of the above faculties on matters concerning ethical aspects of academic research.
The committee has the following members:
- Dr. Bleda Düring, Archaeologie
- Prof. Maarten Mous, Humanities
- Dr. Gerard Breeman, Governance and Global Affairs
- Prof. Daniel Thomas, Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Prof. Paul Nieuwbeerta, Law
Legislation and regulations
Below is an overview of current legislation, regulations, procedures and checklists on ethical aspects of research.
- Nederlandse gedragscode wetenschapsbeoefening (VSNU) (in Dutch)
- Gedragscode voor gebruik van persoonsgegevens in wetenschappelijk onderzoek (VSNU) (in Dutch)
- Responsible Research Data Management and the Prevention of Scientific Misconduct (KNAW)
- Wetenschap op bestelling (KNAW) (in Dutch)
- Financieringsinstrumenten NWO (NWO) (in Dutch)
- Expert Centre Research Data (Radboud Universiteit)
- Research Information Services (Radboud Universiteit)
European Directives and Horizon2020 documents
- European Textbook on Ethics in Research
- Ethics legislation, regulation and conventions Science in Society
- Ethics issues table – Checklist
- Ethics Appraisal Procedure Horizon2020
- Research Enquiry Service
Documents ERC Grants and Ethics
- ERC Ethics Issues Table Template
- ERC Rules for Submission and Evaluation
- ERC Frontier Research Grants Information for applicants to the Starting and Consolidator Grant 2015 Calls