International Peace and Justice Master Fund – Law and Society Scholarship
The purpose of the International Peace and Justice Master Fund is to provide scholarships for Master’s students in the area of peace, international law or security. These are exclusively for students from countries that are eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme.
- 1 February 2023
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- Nationals of Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia.
- Scholarship type
Students who wish to follow Master of Science (MSc) programme in Law and Society at Leiden University and meet the scholarship nationality criteria.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a national of a country that is eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme. See countries listed at the top of this page;
- lack the financial means to follow the study programme without the assistance of a scholarship;
- be highly motivated to follow Master of Science programme Law and Society.
You cannot be awarded this scholarship if you will follow a study programme other than the Master of Science programme in Law and Society at Leiden University.
The scholarship amounts to €33,500. The duration of the scholarship is one year.
Note that the scholarship is sufficient to cover your tuition fee and demonstrate 'sufficient funds' for your student visa or residence permit request. However, it will not cover your full expenses. See the financial matters page for information on monthly living costs in the Netherlands.
- Submit an online application for admission to the Master of Science programme in Law and Society and pay the application fee of € 100. Don't forget to upload a valid English test result in your application.
- In your online application, upload a letter of motivation for the International Peace and Justice Master Fund scholarship in which you briefly explain:
- your financial situation and why you are unable to follow the programme without a scholarship.
- a financial prognosis of how you will meet any expenses superseding the scholarship amount.
- your reasons for wishing to follow the study programme.
- After submitting your online application, send an e-mail to the programme director email@example.com indicating your interest in the scholarship and attaching your scholarship motivation letter.
Candidates for the scholarship are selected by the Admission Board of the programme. Scholarship decisions will be announced in the first week of May 2023.
The International Peace and Justice Fund was established in 2021 and has arisen from the former Wim Deetman Study Fund Foundation. The purpose is to provide scholarships for Master’s students in the area of peace, international law or security. These are exclusively for students from countries that are eligible for the Orange Knowledge Programme.
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application for admission to Leiden University before the deadline mentioned above. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.