Swaantje Mondt Fund Law and Society Scholarship
The Swaantje Mondt Fund Law and Society Scholarship is intended for students who wish to follow the Master of Science programme in Law and Society and meet all criteria for admission.
- 1 February 2023
- Target group
- Countries/ nationalities
- Nationals of developing countries
- Scholarship type
Students who wish to follow, and meet the admission criteria for, the Master of Science (MSc) programme in Law and Society at Leiden University.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a national of a country with medium (113-151) or low (152-189) ranking on the HDI Index (see: https://hdr.undp.org/data-center/country-insights#/ranks).
- lack the financial means to follow the study programme without the assistance of a scholarship.
- be highly motivated to follow Master of Science programme in Law and Society.
After graduation, scholarship recipients must return to their home country and bring into practice the knowledge obtained during the programme.
You cannot be awarded this scholarship if you will follow a study programme other than the Master of Science programme in Law and Society at Leiden University.
The scholarship amounts to €15,000, which covers a large part of the programme tuition fee (the total tuition fee is €19,300). The duration of the scholarship is one year.
Note that this is not a full scholarship. Part of the tuition fee plus travel, housing and living costs must be covered by the student. You can find information on monthly living costs in the Netherlands on our financial matters page. If you need a student visa or residence permit, you will be required to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your living costs and the remainder of the tuition fee.
- Submit an online application for admission to the Master of Science programme in Law and Society and pay the application fee of € 100. Don't forget to upload a valid English test result in your application.
- In your online application, upload a letter of motivation for the Swaantje Mondt Fund Law and Society scholarship in which you briefly explain:
- your financial situation and why you are unable to follow the programme without a scholarship.
- your reasons for wishing to follow the study programme.
- After submitting your online application, send an e-mail to the programme director email@example.com indicating your interest in the scholarship and attaching your scholarship motivation letter.
Candidates for the scholarship are selected by the Admission Board of the programme and the scholarship's private donors. Scholarship decisions will be announced in the first week of May 2023.
The Swaantje Mondt Fund Scholarship is a named Fund at the Leiden University Fund (LUF), which aims to enable students to study at Leiden University and subsequently participate constructively in the civil society, the government or the development of their country of origin.
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application for admission to Leiden University before the deadline mentioned above. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.