- Vacancy number
- Non-academic staff
- Internal, External
- Publication date
- 08 October 2020
- Closing date
- 31 October 2020
The European University for Well-Being – EUniWell – unites the University of Cologne, the University of Birmingham, the University of Florence, Leiden University, the University of Linnaeus, the University of Nantes and Semmelweis University, and 102 associate partners drawn from seven distinct regions of Europe. On the basis of our joint values – democratic, inclusive, diverse, research- and challenge-based, inter- and transdisciplinary, entrepreneurial, and co-creational – it presents an action-oriented response to well-being, grounded in research expertise, educational leadership and civic engagement. EUniWell’s aim is to understand, improve, measure, and rebalance the well-being of individuals, our own community, our environment and society as a whole on a regional, European and global level. In 2020, EUniWell was as one of 24 new European Universities under the second call of the European Universities programme.
This is an exciting and newly founded position. The EUniWell Officer!
The EUniWell Officer is the head of the EUniWell Office located at the University of Cologne. You have a passion for engaging people and building change-readiness capability for both immediate and future change in the organization. You have strong negotiation skills and a track record in successfully guiding and implementing change programmes involving various departments across the organization. And you like working with people: students, researchers, educators, management and other university leaders.
The EUniWell Officer assists the EUniWell partners and the EUniWell-Board in realizing the EUniWell programme and in the strategic development, institutional transformations, and the realization of EUniWell as a European University. The EUniWell Officer reports to the EUniWell Chief Development Officer and the EUniWell Board and closely cooperates with the EUniWell Student Board. The EUniWell Officer manages the EUniWell Office team which coordinates the implementation of all activities of the alliance and provides support to facilitate cooperation, align administrative processes, overcome barriers, and respond swiftly to new initiatives and emerging topics concerning EUniWell.
The postholder manages the overall development and monitoring of measures and activities, budget planning, the analysis of legal frameworks, quality management, and reporting. The postholder is responsible for the overall project management, the coordination and workflows between the Office and the EUniWell Boards and Arenas and between the work packages. Furthermore, the postholder supports active student participation and co-creation within EUniWell. The EUniWell Officer cooperates closely with the coordinators / project managers in the partner universities. The postholder is responsible for the communication and coordination between the European Commission and EUniWell. Furthermore, the post holder will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of local institutional contexts and operating cultures and to travel to EUniWell partner institutions to develop close working relations.
- Head of the central EUniWell Office situated in Cologne.
- Central management and coordination of EUniWell including the implementation of the EUniWell work programme in close cooperation with the EUniWell Board, university researchers, educators and students, management, and project managers.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of change management strategies to ensure the effective implementation of the EUniWell work programme.
- Development and implementation of quality assessment across all work packages.
- Planning in terms of activities, finance, and organization.
- External and internal reporting.
Profile, skills and experiences
- University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent, PhD is an asset).
- Excellent English skills in spoken and written form; multilingualism is an asset.
- Excellent management, coordination and organization skills.
- Team player and excellent skills in engaging and working with people.
- Excellent communication style, networking and digital cooperation and communication skills, including how to use social media and cutting-edge digital work-spaces;
- Understanding of current European policies and the functioning of EU institutions, especially in the area of higher education;
- Experience in running an office and managing a team;
- Work experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Experience in managing projects, developing strategies and policies related to higher education, research and innovation.
- Proven experience in writing reports and policy documents.
- Experience in H2020 and Erasmus+ project management is an asset.
- Full identification with the EUniWell project, vision and mission.
We are offering
- An unprecedented position with the opportunity to be a pioneer in creating a European University and to participate significantly in the strategic development of EUniWell.
- A diverse, co-creational, and international working environment.
- Comprehensive support structures, schemes and regulations to promote a good work-life balance and access to staff development programmes.
The contract will start on 1st December 2020 and be initially for the period of the EUniWell pilot phase of three years, funded by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ programme. In case of a positive evaluation after the pilot phase and perpetuation of EUniWell, the option of renewal and tenure entails. The salary is based on the German remuneration group TV-L15 (approx. EUR 6,650 per month gross, depending on work experience).
Application deadline: 31 October 2020
Candidates are requested to send their application (incl. motivation letter, complete CV, relevant proofs of qualification) to: email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be contacted and interviewed by a selection committee.
More information about EUniWell is available here: https://www.euniwell.eu.
For inquiries about the position, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.