Recruitment & Admissions Officer
- Vacancy number
- Non-academic staff
- Internal, External
- Den Haag, Leiden
- Publication date
- 13 October 2020
- Closing date
- 25 October 2020
Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs, Leiden University College The Hague (LUC) is looking for a
Recruitment & Admissions Officer
The Recruitment & Admissions officer will closely cooperate with the senior Recruitment and Communications officer and the Admissions Officer. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
Recruitment (40%) (peak of workload in September-December)
- Development of new and existing online and offline recruitment campaigns and communication with prospective students;
- Managing prospective national and international students from point of contact through admissions procedure and enrollment, to include inquiry conversion, application and yield activities by advising students on programme of choice and admissions requirements;
- Developing and managing the planning and content for and participating in national and international recruitment with a large focus on digital and on-line. This includes Open Days, school visits and (virtual) presentations and (virtual) fairs, in close cooperation with the senior Recruitment and Communications Officer.
Admissions 60% (peak of workload in December-August)
- Various administrative tasks, such as archiving, scanning, and organizing selection interviews for students with academic staff members;
- Contribute to streamlining and improving the admission and selection process;
- Manage the Admissions inbox (email correspondence) and reply to enquiries in a prompt, customer friendly, clear and correct manner;
- Process submitted applications in the digital admissions system (part of uSis), and keep track of and communicate with each applicant regarding the status of their application and missing documents.
- Willingness to travel (when possible) and deal with flexible working hours (weekends and/or evenings included);
- Enjoys discovering online opportunities, and is comfortable in communicating both in-person, and through online platforms;
- Interested in working in an international environment and able to work in a (small) team;
- Have a hands-on mentality, able to prioritize tasks and able to deal with stress;
- Work accurately and structured, having a keen eye for procedures and detail; organizational skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect to different individuals and groups in multiple settings both in Dutch and English (C1 level);
- Experience with the use of uSis or similar registration systems used in admission processes;
- Experience with and understanding of different education systems world wide;
- At least one year of relevant experience, preferably within an (international) institution for higher education;
- A degree that is comparable to at least the Dutch HBO level.
The Faculty of governance and Global Affairs is one of the seven faculties of Leiden University. Firmly rooted in the academic tradition, our students and researchers work together with national and international partners on new insights and solutions to current issues at the crossroads of politics, public administration and international law.
Leiden University College The Hague (LUC The Hague) was founded in 2010 as the international honours college of Leiden University in The Netherlands for a select group of excellent and highly motivated students from around the world. The LUC academic staff consists of highly ambitious and international scholars recruited from top institutes across the globe, who combine excellent teaching skills with conducting innovative multidisciplinary research.
Terms and conditions
A temporary part time position as Recruitment & Admissions officer. The appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse Universiteiten) for a period of one year with the possibility of a renewal based on need, funding and performance. The salary level depends on previous experience, and ranges between € 2.656,- and € 3.548,- (scale 8 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%). Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Elizabeth Zeller, email email@example.com.
Please submit online your application no later than 25 October 2020 via the blue button in our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.