- Vacancy number
- 22-597 12769
- Non-academic staff
- Internal , External
- Publication date
- 20 September 2022
- Closing date
- 4 October 2022 4 more days to apply
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR) in Rabat is looking for a:
receptionist (1.0 FTE)
The receptionist plays a key role in representing NIMAR. The receptionist is the first point of contact for visitors, partners and people who show interest in NIMAR. The receptionist provides administrative, secretarial, and organizational support to the NIMAR staff. The receptionist also contributes to creating a pleasant study and work environment and assists colleagues and visitors with technical questions thanks to a good knowledge of ICT.
The receptionist’s main duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome students, researchers and visitors at the reception and direct them to the appropriate person, make sure the house rules are respected;
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls;
- Manage the general mailbox: answer FAQ’s or forward to the appropriate colleague;
- Provide clerical receptionist duties: print, scan, photocopy for colleagues and guest teachers;
- Arrange travel and accommodations for excursions, conferences, delegations and other activities;
- Administrative tasks: keep the database up to date, write letters or invitations, support for administrative processes;
- General support regarding logistics, catering, organization;
- Support in bookkeeping and execute small payments;
- Support for PR and communication: updating the website, posting on Facebook and Instagram, taking pictures of activities;
- Provide ICT support for colleagues, guest teachers, researchers, and students.
You are a representative, precise, independent, committed, and flexible employee. Your positive, hospitable attitude and excellent communication skills ensure everyone feels welcome at NIMAR. You are a team player and take initiative to help the staff as efficiently as possible. You are good at planning and organizing, monitoring priorities and dealing with unexpected situations.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher vocational education (HBO);
- Preferably two years of experience in a comparable function;
- Knowledge of Windows, MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and CMS;
- Excellent knowledge of Morocco;
- Knowledge of the Netherlands;
- Excellent knowledge of the English and French language, in speech as well as in writing;
- Knowledge of Moroccan and standard Arabic is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of Dutch is highly desirable but candidates willing to learn Dutch can be taken in consideration.
Description of the organisation
The Netherlands Institute in Morocco (NIMAR) is an institute of Leiden University with a national mission. NIMAR offers, under the responsibility of the Leiden University Faculty of Humanities, bachelor’s and master’s programs on the language, culture, religion, and society of Morocco and North Africa. NIMAR facilitates and stimulates scientific research on Morocco and the region and endeavours to make this research accessible to Dutch society. NIMAR also plays a role in building a national library collection on Morocco and the Arab world.
NIMAR's staff consists of approximately ten employees and is led by the Director of NIMAR. NIMAR’s employees are appointed as local staff at the Dutch embassy in Morocco.
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University and NIMAR. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research.
A job position for the period of one year. After a positive evaluation of your work and work attitude, a renewal is possible. Depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant, a monthly salary amounts to a minimum of 18.194 MAD and a maximum of 27.291 MAD gross, based on a full working week of 37 hours with a full-time position (scale 6 Rrlok).
This job is not an expat function, it is a local position based on the salary and working conditions of the Dutch Embassy in Morocco. Appointment goes through Adecco.
Further information about the position can be obtained from Sarah Michiel, the Institutes Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit online your application no later than October 4, 2022 via the blue button in our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.