Research Assistant Responsible Research Practice
- Vacancy number
- Academic staff
- Publication date
- 28 March 2023
- Closing date
- 15 May 2023 Vacancy closed
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research assistant to join the Methodology and Statistics department at Leiden University, Institute of Psychology. The candidate will primarily be responsible for re-analyses of data using R software. The candidate will also be involved in disseminating the results by giving presentations at (inter)national conferences and contributing to research papers.
- Conduct re-analyses of data from multilab registered reports using R software;
- Write up research results and assist with the preparation of papers and presentations;
- Collaborate with team members on various research projects;
- Attend team meetings and provide updates on progress;
- Maintain accurate records of data analyses.
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., psychology, statistics, computer science, data science, etc.);
- Strong coding skills, particularly with the software R;
- Experience with statistical analysis and data visualization;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Experience with scientific writing and/or presenting at conferences is a plus;
- Experience with or knowledge about sequential analyses is also a plus.
About the faculty
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences consists of five institutes: Education and Child Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology and the Centre for Science and Technology Studies. The faculty has approximately 7,000 students
and 1,025 employees. The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences brings together high-quality research and outstanding teaching as well as in multidisciplinary approaches. Please, visit the faculty’s website for more information.
Terms and conditions
We are offering a position as Research Assistant for 10 months at 0.8 fte starting at August 1st. We do offer some flexibility in terms of workload and contract duration, if desirable (e.g., 12 months at 0.6 fte or 8 months at 1.0 fte could also be an option). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of researchers and contribute to cutting-edge research in their field. Salary range from €3098.- to €4257.- gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 9, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme.Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/working-at/job-application-procedure-and-employment-conditions.
Diversity and inclusion
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Enquiries can be made to Tom Heyman, email: email@example.com.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for data analysis and research, please apply with your resume and cover letter (in one document) no later than May, 15th. Applications and questions can be send to Tom Heyman(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Elise Dusseldorp (email@example.com).
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.