A fiction film portrays a narrative with well thought out characters as realistically as possible with the use of actors, lighting and decor. The strength of a fiction film is being able to relay a deeper meaning in an entertaining and artistic way.
Fiction film ‘On being a scientist’, produced by Bas Haring & Leiden University
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.
When to use this format? When you:
- Want to reenact a scenario of which a similar example is unavailable.
- Want a creative and engaging video concept.
- Have a plot which adequately conveys your intended educational message and content.
Keep in mind that:
- You need to have a plot, characters and location which complement each other.
- You are very dependent on good actors that can act out the scenario well.
Recording a fiction film needs a strong storyline, and enough preparation time in combination with an extensive video crew. Contact your video coordinator to find out what the options are at your faculty.