To set up your digital workspace, use the following tools: Webmail, Office 365 and OneDrive.
Below are a number of tips on how to access the programs you usually use.
- Use webmail to view your work email, calendar and shared mailbox(es).
- Use Office 365 to work with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other Office applications.
- Use Microsoft Teams for collaborating, chatting and meetings.
- Use Microsoft Teams for teaching to smalls groups (max. 15 students). Other tools are available for remote teaching to larger groups. See the Remote Teaching dossier for more information.
- Save files to OneDrive. Contact the helpdesk portal to have your files transferred from the P: Drive to OneDrive.
- If possible, only use Remote Workspace to log in to Self Service.
- Go to Applications for Research and Teaching for a list of available online tools, such as SPSS and Matlab.
Verify your sign-in
You will have to verify your identity with Microsoft Authenticator to able to sign into Office 365, Teams, OneDrive and Skype.
Read the manual on the helpdesk portal >>
You can keep up with your work email by using webmail. Adapt your signature and/or automatic reply as necessary. Include information about how you can be contacted (by telephone etc.).
You can also manage your calendar through webmail.
Use Office 365 to:
- work with Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- securely save and share files using OneDrive
- work together online with Microsoft Teams
Access Office 365 from home
Log in with <your own ULCN username>@vuw.leidenuniv.nl and your usual password.Log in
Online (video) calls
Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business are part of Office 365. You can use these programs for chats, calls and meetings with your colleagues. However, we advise using MS Teams because this also gives you access to your files in SharePoint Online and OneDrive. For useful tips see the Microsoft Teams page.
If you are working on a Word or other type of document within Office 365, save your files to your University OneDrive. The same also applies to files that are shared through chat in MS Teams.
Access to OneDrive through Office 365
Log in with ULCNusername@vuw.leidenuniv.nl and your regular password.Log in
Transferring files from the P: drive to OneDrive
You cannot access your P: drive through Office 365. If there are files on your P: drive that you need to work on from home, you can request data migration from the P: drive to OneDrive from the ISSC Helpdesk.
Sharing or sending files
If you work with SAP or Hippo, you are allowed to use Remote Workspace for your work. If you want to book holiday or submit an expense claim, in short, if you need access to Self Service, log in through Remote Workspace. Use webmail or Office 365 for your other work.