Apply for a grant for collection-based research before March 15
The Museums, Collections and Society (MCS) research group of the Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) and Faculty of Archaeology has grants available for collection-based research.
For 2022 there are 5 grants available for €4,000 each. Application deadline is March 15, 2022. Send your applications to Professor Pieter ter Keurs.
- The application may not exceed 3,000 words.
- The application must relate to collection-based research (Leiden/The Hague).
- The application must be submitted jointly by an academic member of staff and a staff member of a collection-managing institution.
- The application should contain a clear description of the research question and its operationalisation.
- The application should indicate how the proposal fits in the context of a research agenda and/or scientific debate.
- In addition, applicants must provide an overview of the expected output. This could be a seminar, a book or chapter in a book, an article and/or an application for research funding.
- During the project period, applicants must submit an article for the MCS Annual Report and contribute to the Leiden academic community, for example in the form of a lecture.
Additionally, the project needs to be completed in 18 months. After 6 months the applicants are requested to send in a progress report. 18 months after the starting date the final report needs to be handed in.