Summer & start of new academic year 2022-2023
Most courses have been completed, exams have started, the timetable for academic year 2022-2023 is almost ready and summer has arrived.
Our campus start in September 2022!
The new academic year starts on Monday 5 September 2022. We would like to share our plans for this new period:
- In principle, teaching (incl. examinations) will be on-campus.
- The timetables will be drawn up as they were before the Covid pandemic, of course after consulting all Course Coordinators.
- The Covid deregistration button has been deactivated.
- Course Coordinators may decide how their course will be set up, In line with agreements with their Programme Director, and students will be informed in good time on Brightspace.
- Teaching staff can contact the LTC for support.
- All students are therefore expected in Leiden and/or The Hague in September. If master’s students are unable to come to the Netherlands due to travel restrictions, they must inform the Master’s Coordinator.
- Research may be conducted at (university) locations here and abroad.
- Work can be resumed fully on-campus, but partly working from home is also possible depending on your working activities and arrangements with your supervisor. More information about working from home available here.
Scenarios for autumn 2022
Taking note of the lessons learned from the Covid period, preparations have already been made in the areas of teaching, research and organisation, so that we can quickly switch back processes should the need arise. All updates will be provided on the University website.
If necessary, the Covid Steering Group will also be scaled up once again to ensure the implementation of measures applying at that time and provide communication on this (also via the Faculty Board, Programme Directors and LTC).
Events in August and September 2022
A number of events have already been planned to mark the start of the new academic year. Please note these dates in your diary – we hope to welcome you there.
16 August 2022 - EL CID
30 August 2022 - Orientation Week Leiden
5 September 2022 - Opening University year 2022-2023
6 September 2022 - Opening Faculty year 2022-2023
9 September 2022 - Faculty Alumni Day
Summer period & vacation
We advise you to take a good break in the coming months. Take at least two to three weeks’ vacation, so you can start the new academic year fully refreshed.
The Faculty Board wishes you all a great summer!
Joanne van der Leun
Stefaan Van den Bogaert