Apply for the Dutch subsidy for Virtual International Collaboration Projects (VIS)
In a Virtual International Cooperation Project (VIS) Dutch and foreign students work together remotely on a project that links local issues to an international perspective.
If you are a lecturer or educationalist and would like to develop a VIS project for students from Leiden and a university abroad, submit a grant application with Senior International Relations Officer, Carine de Wilde. If your project proposal is approved, the University will receive €15,000,- from the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport to free up your schedule to give you time to develop the project.
The new application round in 2023 will run from 1 February until 28 February.
How to apply?
- Get written permission from your supervisor and education director.
- Complete the application form that is now available here. The answers to the questions must be provided in Dutch.
- Send the form together with the written permissions to Carine de Wilde by 09:00 on Monday 20 February, so the proposal can be signed by the Executive Board and submitted to the Ministry.
- Applications will be assessed in order of receipt. The sooner you apply and send in a complete application, the greater your chance of being awarded the grant.
Check the following websites for more information on this subsidy:
- Subsidy website for Virtual international collaboration projects (in Dutch)
- Subsidy regulations (in Dutch)
- FAQ (Dutch and English)
- FAQ DUS-i