Managing and leading multidisciplinary research projects for impact
Managing and leading multidisciplinary projects is a key skill which can be developed and nurtured throughout one’s lifetime. The workshop has been designed to help young researchers enhance their project management skills in the context of their research and develop their knowledge of broader project management principles.
- Target group
- Postdoctoral researcher
- Natacha Wilson
Why this online workshop?
Join us to find ways to move your research project forward and focus on strategies that will increase impact. We can often feel “stuck” when faced with external and internal challenges which affect our research projects.This workshop aims to help you develop your knowledge of project management techniques and frameworks which can directly be applied to your research project and wider projects. This online workshop is highly participative and provides you with the chance to share best-practice.
In this interactive and practical online workshop, you will learn:
• Learn about the top critical success factors key to effective project management in the context of multidisciplinary research.
• Explore some aspects of agile project management which can help you increase your impact.
• Assess the importance of working preferences and habits (yourself and team members) to increase effectiveness and get work done.
• Identify practical ways to improve your communication skills to manage your collaborators, and wider stakeholders and increase engagement.
• Share your experience with peers.
About the trainer
Natacha Wilson, founder and director of Cambridge Insights, is an experienced development consultant and coach, specialising in leadership and innovation in the context of research intensive environments. Natacha gained multi-sector experience and worked in the creative and innovation sphere before moving to the University of Cambridge, UK. She worked for the Business School and the Centre for Personal and Professional development on a range of leadership courses, skills development initiatives and impact evaluation projects. Natacha’s research interest focuses on identifying the skills, traits and conditions needed to become an authentic leader in research and beyond. She is passionate about supporting researchers on their leadership journey.