Ethics commmittees advise researchers on ethical issues relating to their research. For example, whether the research meets the criteria for ethically responsible conduct. There are a number of ethics committees within Leiden University.
Does your institute or faculty have an ethics committee? If so, you should submit your research to the committee for approval. You can find more information about the working practices of the ethics committee under your faculty tab or in the overview below.
Overview of faculty committees
- Education and Child Studies Ethics Committee
- Social Sciences Ethics Committee
- Humanities and Archeology Ethics Committee
- Psychology Ethics Committee
- Law Ethics Committee (Dutch only)
- Medical Ethics Review Committee (METC)
Overview of committees of interfaculty institutes