Una Europa Seed Funding Call: collaborate with researchers in Europe and Africa
Interested in an intercontinental research partnership? Apply by 20 February 2024 for this seed funding call.
Six projects will each receive up to €36,000 to solve global issues.
This is your opportunity to kickstart an intercontinental research collaboration with colleagues across Europe and Africa!
Key features of the call
Proposals are welcomed with a focus on six areas: Cultural Heritage; Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, Europe and the World, Future Materials, One Health, and Sustainability.
Other features of the call include:
- Mobility fellowship: Supports an established researcher at one of the participating African universities to act as chair at a Una Europa coordinating university.
- Professional development: Opportunities for early-career researchers will be an integral feature of successful projects.
- Project duration: Proposed activities should be conducted between 1 September 2024 and 31 August 2025.
Who can participate?
Established academics and early-career researchers from the 11 Una Europa partner universities and the following participating African universities are welcome to apply:
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Kampala International University, Uganda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- University of Ghana, Ghana
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Project proposals must involve one participating African university and at least three Una Europa partner universities.
Visit the Una Europa website to learn more and apply.
This seed funding call is open to Leiden University researchers because we are part of the Una Europa alliance. Learn more about Leiden University's role in Una Europa and subscribe for email updates.
Una Europa–Africa Partnership Seed Funding Call 2023 | Information Webinar
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or