Work-related travel insurance
Employees going on business trips can make use of the University’s collective travel insurance scheme. This means that you do not have to take out your own business travel insurance when travelling abroad for your work. The University has taken out collective travel insurance via ACE.
- You travel on University business and have permission of your manager to do so.
- Covers all work-related travel abroad, with the exception of trips to Iraq, North Caucasus, Somalia, Ukraine, Yemen and Sudan.
- Global coverage begins at the actual start of your trip and ends upon your return home or, if this is your first port of call, your workplace.
- Work-related trips within the Netherlands are also covered as long as they include an overnight stay.
- Maximum duration of a work-related trip for this insurance is 365 days.
- Please report any damage or accident as soon as possible to ACE. You may be required to file a report with the police, for instance in case of theft or robbery.
What does the insurance cover?
The collective travel insurance covers among other things the following:
- Assistance abroad and exceptional costs, including repatriation.
- Damage to luggage up to maximum € 7,500.
- A reimbursement of € 100,000 in case of death or permanent invalidity as a result of an accident.
- Loss of digital or analogue work-related equipment up to maximum € 1,500.
- Loss of money up to maximum € 1,500.
- Loss of documents – passport, visa, driver’s licence, and travel documents up to maximum € 2,000.
- Necessary medical expenses during work-related trips that are not covered by the health care insurance.
- Cancellation insurance up to maximum € 11,500.
- Legal assistance up to maximum € 25,000.
Policy conditions and insurance card
Need help during your trip?
If you need assistance during a work-related trip, please contact ACE Assistance by telephone at +31 (0)10 289 3536 (24/7 service). When contacting the assistance line, please always mention policy number NLBBBA04490.
If you have suffered injury or damage on a work-related trip or in the case of cancellation costs, please use the following claim form, including required appendices, to claim expenses via BTI.email@example.com. You should do so as soon as possible after incurring the damage. Make sure your form is signed. Unsigned forms will not be processed. For help in submitting a claim form, please consult the detailed instructions.
ACE has its own smartphone app: the Chubb Travel Smart App. We advise you to install this app before your trip. The app contains the University’s digital insurance card, allows the University to determine your location in case of an emergency, and can be used to receive alerts for your country of destination. You can download this app via Apple’s Appstore and Google Playstore. To register for the app you need to enter policy number NLBBBA04490.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Rein Putkamer (HRM).