It may happen that you are unable to work due to a short-term or long-term illness or disability.
Short-term or long-term illness
- Here you will read how to report sick and how the University guides its employees on sick leave.
- Here you will read how to get the University doctors’ help and advice.
- Here you will read what to expect in case of long-term illness and work disability.
The university strives for everyone to feel comfortable in their position and working environment. If this is not the case, and if there’s something you’d like to discuss in confidence, you’re welcome to contact one of our confidential counsellors. For example:
- if you are confronted with undesirable behavior.
- if you have problems in the workplace.
- if you suspect that someone is violating academic integrity, or if you wish to report (administrative) abuses.
What can you do to stay physically healthy and mentally fit?
- In the Healthy University @Home dossier, the university provides tools for working or studying from home in a healthy and responsible way, now that we are at home en masse due to the corona virus.
- You will also find a number of general tips on how to ensure a healthier living and working environment yourself on the Leiden Healthy University page.
- And on the Mental fitness page you can read what you can do if you are dealing with bullying at work, if you suffer from work stress or are afraid of a burnout.