Sallie Mae Student Loans
Sallie Mae is a loan provider in the US, who offers private loans to US and Canadian students to cover their costs for their study period abroad.
- Leiden University application deadline: 1 April (programmes starting Sept) & 15 Oct (programmes starting Feb) / Loan application deadline: See SallieMae website
- Target group
- Bachelor, Master, Short Course, PhD
- Countries/ nationalities
- See Sallie Mae website (link below)
- Scholarship type
- Study, Research
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
Students applying for a Leiden University Bachelor’s, Master’s, Study Abroad/Exchange or PhD programme.
Eligibility, obligation and loan amounts
See the Sallie Mae website.
- Submit an online application for admission for a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme at Leiden University before the relevant deadlines.
- After admission to the study programme, follow the Sallie Mae Student Loans application procedures. Our School code for your SallieMae application is: 00869200.
- Read carefully the information sheet about Sallie Mae Procedures at Leiden University.
- The loan period is one year only. If your study programme is longer than one academic year, you can submit a loan application for each year.
- The loan will be disbursed in 1 to 4 terms (depending on the length of the study programme and amount certified).
- SallieMae makes the final decision on the approval/denial of your loan application.
The student is responsible for submitting a complete application, according to the steps described above, before the aforementioned deadline. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for late and/or incomplete applications.