When you use a screencast, you record the changes on your computer screen, and enhance this with a voice over. You can use different supporting software & hardware, like PowerPoint or a drawing tablet. In some cases this is used in combination with a webcam recording or an animation.
Screencast with Simone Keijsers, ePOPcorner module ‘Study skills: Theory – how memory works’, produced by the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Leiden University
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
When to use this format? When you want to:
- Explain software applications, complex models or processes.
- Give a step by-step tutorial to show how something works.
- Easily set something up.
Keep in mind that you:
- Need proficient drawing skills when you use a drawing tablet.
- Should use professional screen capturing software.
- Need a good functioning computer and microphone with at least an HD screen resolution.
- Need to make a test video to see if everything is working properly.