Office 365 and OneDrive
Via Office 365 and OneDrive you can work from all kinds of places and on different devices without having to use Remote Workplace.
Access to Office 365 via Office portal
Log in with <your own ULCN username> @ vuw.leidenuniv.nl and your usual password on the Office portal.Log in
Download and set up Microsoft Authenticator
After entering username and password in Teams, Office 365 and OneDrive, you will need to confirm your login via the Microsoft Authenticator app. How do you set up the app?Set up Microsoft Authenticator
Office 365 and OneDrive offer various options for working from various locations and on different devices. This offers you:
- the possibility to work with Office applications via the online Office portal or with apps on a smartphone or tablet.
- the possibility to securely save files from your university workstation (P drive) to OneDrive.
- easy access to your files.
- the ease of working together online – and saving travel and time.
OneDrive storage in the cloud
The use of OneDrive is bound to conditions for use and only intended for data that are not confidential and do not contain personal data. These conditions for use are on the Helpdesk Portal.
Staff who are guests of the university may not have automatic access to Office 365 and OneDrive. If you need access but you are unable to install Office 365, please contact the helpdesk (phone) 8888 to request access.
You will find Microsoft Office in the basic software package on your PC. Office gives you access to applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Office 2016 is the standard once Windows 10 has been installed. Office 365, the successor to Office 2016, now offers you the customary applications and also access to cloud storage via OneDrive.
From your university workplace you can work in two different ways in Office 365 and OneDrive:
- Install Office 365 and OneDrive via Software Center (type "Software Center" in the Windows search bar).
- Log in via the Office portal just like from your home workplace.
More information and a step-by-step plan can be found in the helpdesk portal.