Universiteit Leiden

nl en


The University pays out salaries on pre-determined dates. Additionally, the holiday allowance is paid out in May and the end-of-year bonus is paid out in December.

In 2021 your salary will be paid out on the following days:

  • Friday 22 January
  • Tuesday 23 February
  • Tuesday 23 March
  • Friday 23 April
  • Friday 21 May (incl. holiday allowance)
  • Wednesday 23 June
  • Friday 23 July
  • Monday 23 August
  • Thursday 23 September
  • Friday 22 October
  • Tuesday 23 November
  • Tuesday 21 December (incl. end-of-year bonus)

Payslip and annual statement

You can consult and download your payslip via Self Service. This also applies to your annual statement. If you are not on a University computer, please use Remote Workplace to login to Self Service.

Explanation payslip

In principle, the University does not issue paper payslips. To explain a number of terms and abbreviations, we have created a payslip example. This document also illustrates a number of variable elements such as the Individual Choices Model.

Holiday allowance

You are entitled to a holiday allowance of 8% of your income. Your income consists of your salary supplemented with a number of allowances. For more information on the definition of salary and income, see the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. The holiday allowance is paid out in May.

If your contract begins or ends in the middle of the year, your holiday allowance will be adjusted pro rata.

End-of-year bonus

You are entitled to an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of your annual income up to a minimum of € 2250 (based on full-time employment and a full working year). The end-of-year bonus is paid out in December. If your contract begins or ends in the middle of the year, your end-of-year bonus will be adjusted pro rata.

Changing your bank account number

If you wish to change the bank account number where you receive your salary and allowances, please complete the amendment form.

Sociaal Fonds OCW

As a university employee you can participate in the Social Fund OCW. This fund provides financial assistance to employees who find themselves in social difficulties due to financial circumstances. Would you like to apply for help from the Social Fund? Then you will need a recommendation from the Department of Safety, Health and Environment (VGM).

More information on the terms and condition of how to apply for help from the fund is available - in Dutch only - on the Sociaal Fonds OCW website.

This website uses cookies.  More information.