If you wish, you can take part in the collective health insurance scheme offered by Leiden University and Zorg en Zekerheid. This scheme offers both basic and supplementary insurance at an attractive discount, for you and your family.
- 10% discount on basic health insurance (from 1-1-2020 this is 5%).
- 15% discount on supplementary health insurance
- 10% additional entry discount on supplementary health insurance for new clients
- 3% internet discount on supplementary health insurance if you make use of Mijn ZZ (digital environment)
- Zorg en Zekerheid has extensive contacts with healthcare providers in the region, enabling us to offer you the best care available
- High reimbursements for physiotherapy and dentistry
- Freedom to choose your own doctor or hospital
- Lots of additional benefits such as a free Fit Check and discounts
Anyone who is employed by Leiden University is eligible to take part in the collective health insurance scheme.
International employees and guest employees
International staff members who receive a salary from the University are also entitled to take part in the scheme. The same applies to international guest employees registered in the civil register (“Netherlands residents”).
Employees stationed abroad
If you plan to work and live abroad for a while, you will probably still fall under the health insurance scheme. However, there may be some limitations regarding your partner, and you may have to take out supplementary insurance. For more information, please contact Zorg en Zekerheid.
End of contract
When your employment with Leiden University ends, so does the possibility of taking part in the collective healthcare insurance scheme. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule:
- You may continue to make use of the collective health insurance scheme when you retire.
- You may continue to make use of the collective health insurance scheme until you find another job.
You are responsible for informing Zorg en Zekerheid of the fact that you are no longer entitled to the collective discount.
How does it work?
Every person has a right to discontinue their current insurance before 1 January each year. Once you have done so, you are required to register with another health insurance provider no later than 31 January of the following year. Zorg en Zekerheid will always accept you as a client. Also for supplementary insurance.
If you have any questions or if you wish to register for the collective health insurance scheme, please contact Zorg en Zekerheid via 071 5 825 825 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact one of Zorg en Zekerheid's insurance shops.