Can Generative AI Generate Culture?
- Thursday 1 June 2023
- Polak Building (Erasmus University Campus)
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
- Data Collaboratory (first floor)
Generative AI can create a wide variety of outputs, including art, music, literature, and other cultural artifacts. Whether these creations can truly be considered "culture" is a matter of debate.
Join us for an exclusive chance to hear from AI experts in the fields of Art, Music, Education, and Culture.
- Renée van Holsteijn - AI Speaker & Moderator
- Roel Lutkenhaus - Founder of New Momentum
- Sonia de Jager - Doctoral Researcher on Philosophy of AI at EUR, and Lecturer Willem de Kooning Academy
- Cynthia Liem - Associate Professor at the Multimedia Computing Group at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) and the pianist of the Magma Duo.
- Ksenia Fedorova – Assistant Professor Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society.
15:00 - 15:30 Welcome (Refreshments will be served)
15:30 – 16:00 Introduction to the topic and presentation by Renée van Holsteijn
16:00 - 17:00 Panel Discussion & Audience Interaction
17:00 - 18:00 Networking drinks
- What is the effect of generative AI on cultural norms and values?
- How has generative AI changed the way we approach and understand language and communication?
- What are the ethical implications of using generative AI to create art, literature, or music?
- How has generative AI changed the way we approach and understand the concept of originality in creative works?
This event is brought to you by ECDA, Convergence AI, Mondai | House of AI, and Leiden University.
Convergence AI is a program between Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus MC, Leiden University and TU Delft in which we collaborate around AI, Data & Digitalization.
Interested? Please register for this event via Eventbrite by clicking the button below.Register for this event