Online introduction for new staff
- Wednesday 5 June 2024
You may already have met your immediate colleagues and be able to find your way to your desk without getting lost in Leiden University’s historical buildings. But did you know that the university has seven faculties, around 7,300 staff members and more than 32,000 students? And have you already heard about its history and traditions? The introduction for new staff is the chance to get to know the university properly. You will find out more about the university’s long-term strategy and how the HR department can help you as a member of staff. And we have also invited a researcher to say a few words. Sound interesting? Sign up now!
There is an online university introduction every second or third working day of the month.
Aim of the event
- Introduction to our organisational strategy: what do we stand for?
- Introduction to the organisation and the board
- Introduction to HR topics
- Feeling for our research and teaching
The online programme is about 1.5 hours.
- 9.30-9.40: Welcome by host
- 9.40-9.55: Explanation of University strategy by a member of the Executive Board or a dean
- 9.55-10.10: Introduction to the university by the Director of Administration and Central Services
- 10.10-10.30: Introduction to HR by faculty head of HR or HR team leader at Administration and Central Services
- 10.30-10.40: Questions from attendees
- 10.40-10.55: Talk by researcher
- 10:55-11:00: Closing words
Can’t wait to find out more about the university? Take a look at our online module.
Register now via the Service Portal.