Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Workplace in the office

Who should you contact to set up, move or adjust your workplace?

Design your physical workplace

Do you need extra or other furniture? For example an adjusted office chair, a desk which matches your wheelchair or do you need a braille display?

Don't hesitate to contact the Servicedesk of your building. This is also the case when your devices are broken.

What about facilities for working from home?

You are not allowed to take accessories and equipment home with you without asking. If you need furniture or IT equipment, discuss the options with your manager. Some organisation units can request furniture via the Service Portal. If this isn’t available yet for your organisation unit, ask your manager how to submit a request.

Who should you contact for hardware?

The the ICT Share Service Center (ISSC) can provide you with hardware, additional software and other ICT services. If you have your supervisor's approval for purchasing hardware, then make sure that you arrange the application via the helpdesk portal. For more information on what is available, see the ICT workplace.

Preventing physical symptoms

When at work, your chair and desk should be positioned correctly so as to prevent pain in your neck and back. If you want to make sure that your workplace is set correctly, or if you are suffering early symptoms, please make an appointment with your building’s health and safety coordinator. Please contact your service desk to make an apointment.

If you spend too much time at the computer, you can install Workrave pause software to prevent physical symptoms from developing. In some cases, you might benefit from using computer glasses. If you spend more than two hours per day at the computer, and you have trouble seeing the screen with regular glasses or lenses, you might need computer glasses. You may also be eligible for compensation.

Key cards for evenings and weekends

If you wish to access your workplace outside working hours you can apply for a key pass. To do so please contact your institute manager or secretary, or the head of your department.

This pass can be used whenever needed to pick up a key at the Lipsius building.

The following rules apply: 

  1. The key you receive must be returned to the reception on the same day no later than 23.00 hrs (Monday through Friday) or 19.30 hrs (Saturday and Sunday). The receptionists are authorised to ask you for a valid proof of identity. 
  2. Only staff members and guest staff members can be issued with a key pass – the pass is not available to students.

For detailed information on how to use the key pass, please contact the Lipsius Service Desk.

Relocation and removal

Applications for relocations and removals are submitted by your institute manager or secretariat, or by your head of department (faculty office), and are handled by the Information and Facility Management (IFZ) department.

To ensure a smooth relocation, please use one of the following forms:

For new staff members

For internal work place changes


Questions concerning relocation and removal that cannot be answered by the secretariat will be forwarded to the Information and Facility Management (IFZ) department (link e-mail: huisvesting@hum.leidenuniv.nl).

Personal contact details online

In case of a relocation or removal your contact details will be forwarded to the P&O department who adjust this information in SAP so that people can find you in the online address guide. If your contact details are incorrect, please forward the correct details to the IFZ department (link e-mail: huisvesting@hum.leidenuniv.nl).

This website uses cookies.  More information.