Conditions of Registration
Read which conditions apply when registering for an event.
Registering for events
- Once the maximum number of participants for an event has been reached, no further participants will be registered. It is possible for interested individuals to be put on a waiting list for the event in question.
- A reduced tariff applies for certain events. If you woold like to make use of the reduced tariff, the Events Office may request some form of evidence (for students this coold be a student ID card) to be submitted when registering.
- The participants at an event are themselves responsible for organising their travel, accommodation and visa and for the related costs unless an alternative agreement has been made with Leiden University.
Cancelling events for which a fee has been paid
- Cancellations are only accepted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel up to seven days before the start of the event, a cancellation fee of € 40 will apply.
- If you cancel within six days of the start of the event, a cancellation fee amounting to 50% of the fee for participation will apply.
- If you cancel on the starting date or after the event has begun, no refund of fees paid will be made.
- Participation is at your own risk. Leiden University is not liable for any damage, in any form whatsoever, that a Participant may suffer as a consequence of participation, unless this damage is the direct consequence of deliberate action or gross negligence attributable to Leiden University. This exclusion of liability also applies in the event of serious forms of damage, such as all kinds of damage resolting from injury or death.
- If, notwithstanding the provisions set out in paragraph 8 of this article, Leiden University has to accept liability for damage incurred to the Participant, the obligation of Leiden University remains limited to the maximum amount of compensation to be paid by the insurer of Leiden University in respect of this damage.
- The participant releases Leiden University from liability against damage that third parties may suffer as a consequence of any action or negligence attributable to a Participant relating to the event. The Participant must be adequately insured against the risk of liability for such damage.
- The Participant releases Leiden University from liability for damage that the Participant may suffer as a consequence of his participation in the Event, unless this damage is the direct consequence of deliberate action or gross negligence attributable to Leiden University.