If you wish, you can take part in the collective health insurance scheme offered by Leiden University and Zorg en Zekerheid. This scheme offers a collective discount, for you and your family.
Your discount 2023
- 15% discount on most supplementary health insurance.
- Up to € 300'- discount per year when you opt for a voluntary deductible excess of € 500,-.
- Generous reimbursements for dental care and physiotherapy under your supplementary insurance.
Additional benefits 2023
Generous reimbursements at no extra cost. For you and your family members.
• Dental care: up to € 100,- extra (ages 18 and up)
• Physiotherapy: up to 5 extra treatments
• Replacement informal care: at least one week
• Sleep therapy course: € 200,-
• Menopause advice: € 150,-
• mindfulness training: one-off € 300,-
Anyone who is employed by Leiden University is eligible to take part in the collective health insurance scheme.
International employees and guest employees
International staff members who receive a salary from the University are also entitled to take part in the scheme. The same applies to international guest employees registered in the civil register (“Netherlands residents”).
Employees stationed abroad
If you plan to work abroad for a while, you will probably still fall under the health insurance scheme. However, there may be some limitations regarding your partner, and you may have to take out supplementary insurance. For more information, please contact Zorg en Zekerheid.
End of contract
When your employment with Leiden University ends, so does the possibility of taking part in the collective healthcare insurance scheme. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule:
- You may continue to make use of the collective health insurance scheme when you retire.
- You may continue to make use of the collective health insurance scheme until you find another job.
You are responsible for informing Zorg en Zekerheid of the fact that you are no longer entitled to the collective discount.
How does it work?
Every person has a right to discontinue their current insurance before 1 January each year. Once you have done so, you are required to register with another health insurance provider no later than 31 January of the following year. Zorg en Zekerheid will always accept you as a client. Also for supplementary insurance.
If you have any questions or if you wish to register for the collective health insurance scheme, we refer you to the Leiden University web page.