Grassroots en Grass shoots grants awarded to seven teams
The winners of the Grassroots and Grass Shoots 2023-2024 have been announced. Seven (teams of) lecturers and support staff have been awarded grants to innovate their teaching in the coming acadamic year.
The seven projects are very diverse in nature: from practicing presentation skills in Virtual Reality to creating a faculty-wide Brightspace environment where faculty can experience what Brightspace really looks like for students. The two themes that recur frequently are peer feedback and (self-regulated) skill learning, both topics that fit well with the new in Vision on Blended Education.
- Carlijn Bergwerff (Education and Child Studies) - Greater insight into the practice through a video assignment and peer feedback
- Dietsje Jolles & Linda van Leijenhorst (Education and Child Studies) - Better knowledge clips through more guidance on collaboration and peer and audience feedback
- Rianne Weber en Tirza Smits (Education and Child Studies) - A Faculty-wide Brightspace environment for teachers
- Francesco Walker & Jop Groeneweg (Psychology) - Training presentation skills through Virtual Speech
Grass shoots projects
- Daisy Smeets & Lenny van Rosmalen (Education and Child Studies) - A new blended working form: the carousel method
- Zsuzsika Sjoerds & Sebo Uithol (Psychology) - Practising critical thinking with The Family Dinner
- Ineke van der Ham, Judith Schomaker & Monika Theron (Psychology) - Encountering dementia up close in Virtual Reality